LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

My 75L and stocking advice

Home Forums My Aquarium My 75L and stocking advice

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Eyrie
    Participant

A follow up to Jakub’s point about the number of males. 

I had three male Nannostomus beckfordi and seven females in my 60L q-tank recently and the males were constantly sorting out the dominance order.  Once the quarantine period was over and I could move them into the 400L this stopped almost immediately. The ten fish still keep a loose shoal, so I’d say space is a consideration for more than just stocking levels.

LouisDS
    Participant

Just a little follow up on my tank.

I added 6 Corydoras Pygmaeus last weekend. They are about 1 cm each and do very well with the Serpaes, that now look huge compared to their new neighbors. Their behavior is nice, they don’t shoal much for now but they often hang out in a group of 3 or 4. I will definitely add another group of 6 in the next weeks to see their presence more.

I alos modified my setup by adding a small mat of Java Fern. I already see the benefits of this addition in the behavior of both the serpaes and the Corys. The tetras form a school and do slaloms between the leaves and stay still at the base of the fern at night. The corys often lay on the leaves. The latter also like the shades provided by the oak leaves I also added to the tank about one month ago. 

I will try to post pictures soon.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.