LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Mystery Fish: What Am I?

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Mystery Fish: What Am I?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Stefan 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Stefan

From the Badis tuivaiei tank I fished a dead (seemingly pristine) specimen of…something. I’m pretty sure I didn’t put it there and I found it right after feeding frozen (yes, I thawed it first) Mysis (Ocean Nutrition – if that’s a clue?). So my guess is it came with that. It’s ca. 20 mm SL and reminds me of a small Gobius cobitis. It’s flank patterns and ‘2 dorsal fins’ and head shape reminded me of this photo:

I’ve attached 2 photos I quickly shot before it dried out. Taken right before fixation in 70 % ethanol.

Attached files

coelacanth
    Participant

Our frozen mysis often comes with juvenile gobies, small Crangon and Palaemon, occasional sticklebacks and others. Without knowing where that batch of mysis was collected, you’ll be stuck to get anywhere.

Stefan

QUOTE (coelacanth @ Jul 11 2011, 04:46 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Our frozen mysis often comes with juvenile gobies, small Crangon and Palaemon, occasional sticklebacks and others. Without knowing where that batch of mysis was collected, you’ll be stuck to get anywhere.

I feared that. Never seen or heard of this before, and I’m a happy Mysis user since forever

Author
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.