LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Need Some Help

Home Forums The Lounge Need Some Help

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  poshsouthernbird 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Malti
    Participant

So, I’m writing a series of information on another forum on how to start and keep an aquarium. Its not a fish forum, but people are interested. so here are somethings I’m thinking of mentioning – feel free to add anything I might leave out – and in the near future I’d need some help on plants as I’m totally lost on them.

1). time/money/dedication needed to keep a tank

2). size of tank

3). research types of fish/s – habitat, sexing, peaceful or not

4). choosing type of fish/s

5). dry running tanks for atleast 2 weeks – why?

6). checking water parameters

7). How to choose your fish from the gazillion in the tank…if to buy or not

8). Water changes – why and how?

9). introducing the fish and/or inverts

10). feeding and taking care

if there is interest to the above

11). breeding and rearing fry

12). the planted aquarium (there I’d need help)

any hints/suggestion on any point 1-10 will be greatly appreciated, maybe what are the easiest fish for a beginner in your opinion (except WCMM, guppies, mollies, platies, swordtails etc) and anything you can think of.

Also Matt can I use some of the KB pics? they will be unaltered and seriouslyfish.com will get the credit obviously.

thanks in advance

Matt
    Keymaster

QUOTE (Malti @ Feb 28 2011, 01:02 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Also Matt can I use some of the KB pics? they will be unaltered and seriouslyfish.com will get the credit obviously.

Sorry but no Karlos. All the pics we use are by personal request from the photographers and the copyright remains with them so legally I can’t give you permission to use them elsewhere.

This hasn’t stopped various websites stealing images from us without asking or giving credit though. I’ve even seen entire species profiles copied and pasted.

Malti
    Participant

thats ok Matt, I’ll probably use some of my own pics – if someone wants to offer better pics than mine please I’d be grateful.

Anyways, what do you think of the topics? did I leave something out?

Eyrie
    Participant

I’d have research as #2 on the list after covering the commitment required. And will #6 or #8 cover the cycling process?

Matt
    Keymaster

Karlos have you tried any of the stock photo site for pics? Some of them are quite good…

keith565
    Participant

from what i can see i think you have covered all the basics to get a tank up and running.

poshsouthernbird
    Participant

How about decor? Sand v gravel, types of wood, caves/hidey holes etc. Maybe a rough guide to filters – internal v external? What about the extras like airstones and the like? Maybe something about general maintenance kit like algae scrapers, gravel vacs etc? Or is that a bit more than you were wanting?

At the risk of banging on about goldfish (I’m prone to this /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

HTH

Author
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.