LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

New Fish

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Plaamoo
    Participant

I’ve been hoping to get my lonely h. confuzona some mates and one of my suppliers finally got some. I had to wait to return from a trip Weds. to get them shipped and they only had 2 left. They arrived yesterday and they’re beasts! The bigger one is 4″ and the other just a little smaller. I prefer smaller fish as I have smaller tanks but they are nicely marked. A bit thin but they’re eating bloodworms & earthworms right out of the bag so a good sign. Better pics to come. I didn’t want to bother them too much till they’re settled in.

They advertised these as balitora burmanica, got me a little excited for something new, so I ordered 3. They look like your basic h. smithi to me.

I had already paid for a third confuzona so to make up the difference I got 2 of these, kottelatlimia hypporhincos. Been wanting them for a while but I don’t have a tank for them. They are cute, about 2″ and thin, but also eating already. I’ll have to find room for another 10gal for them and likely get a few more if can.

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Very nice /wink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”;)” border=”0″ alt=”wink.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Very nice haul Jim!!

Plaamoo
    Participant

Cheers guys. Would you agree that those are h. smithi? I want to set them straight but not before I get a consensus.

Also, I mis-spoke about the size of the kottelatlimia, they’re barely more than an inch. Tiny!

Kajsa12
    Participant

Love the Homaloptera ssp.

Matt
    Keymaster

QUOTE (plaamoo @ Oct 24 2010, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Cheers guys. Would you agree that those are h. smithi? I want to set them straight but not before I get a consensus.

Think so Jim, six well-defined saddles on top of the body…

Henri, you should try Spain. Nothing except Beaufortia here…

Plaamoo
    Participant

Thanks Matt!

Henri, I’ll trade you for some g. viriosus

Kajsa12
    Participant

No more species for me, because there’s no room for them at the moment. /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />
    I’ve seen a lot of them at the shop lately.

Plaamoo
    Participant

They’re interesting fish^ I’ve been wanting some ever since I saw them in the stream in Thailand last trip.

I’d love to visit Henri, Thanks for the offer! I stopped in Amsterdam for 3 days several years ago on my around the world, loved it! That’s when I had an international job and a bit of cash!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.