LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

New Sewellia?

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes New Sewellia?

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author

mikev
    Participant

Cobitis: stolen photo again, we don’t know how the fish looks like. I am curious because I have the Taiwan kind and asaik there is no Taiwan importing right now….

(Specifically, here is the place his photo came from:
    http://www.basilaqua.com.cn/photo-s/china%20fish/Prot/Cobitis%20sinensis.jpg
    )

(And I would not mind seeing a photo of his Tweedees…. and again, not his photo…. 🙁 ).

Sewellia: the price changed too? New supplier? What happened to the previous stock (too fast to sell)?

Jrp
    Participant

I just saw, and purchased S02/03 for the first time yesterday. What an interesting species. So far they seem more outgoing than my other sewellia (lineolata and spotted). They had come in to the shop the day before I got them and were already feeding on algae wafers which is a good sign.

mikev
    Participant

Well, anyone wants to opine on this chap?

http://www.micropress-inc.com/fishpic/sandwichfry3.jpg

it may be lineolata, since the tank has a “breeding” group of them, but this fry does not look like lineolata to me (and to a couple of other people I asked).
    it may be Sew0203, but they produce a bunch ime… and they also looked differently and I think grew faster.
    it may be Sew04,,, there is a trio of them
    and of course, it may be a frankenfish too…

the thing is perhaps 0.5″, today I saw it clinging to the glass for the first time.

Matt
    Keymaster

Agreed it doesn’t look like S. lineolata – is it the same fish as posted above?

mikev
    Participant

Probably not, there are two younger fries that match S.lineolata better, the one above is probably one of them.

mikev
    Participant

Best wait on this and let me take photos just in case… I now see another fry changing to these large chunks…

Meanwhile, no animal was harmed in producing this clip, behold: Sewellia sp. squirrel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cImxRp0Y1uk

well, Sew0203, one of the new ones.

Menu
    Participant

IMG_3299d-1.jpgIMG_3245d-2.jpgIMG_3254d-2.jpgIMG_3258d-2.jpgIMG_3274d-2.jpgIMG_3288d-1.jpgIMG_3281d-2.jpgIMG_3261d-2.jpg

Here are some pics of my biggest S. elongata with a TL of 9.8cm.

This big “adults” come in a shipment this january.

You can clearly see the yellow bordered pectorals and ventrals and the brawny head.

The last two pics show a smaller one for comparision.

Jrp
    Participant

Impressive!!

Matt
    Keymaster

Great pics again Manuel and love the performing squirrel!

Menu
    Participant

Thanks guys!

mikev
    Participant

Very nice indeed…. are all the babies lineolatas?

Menu
    Participant

About eighty fry in this five hundred liter tank, its a mix of lineolatas and spotted but most of them are lineolata.
    No chance to get them out.
    Many of them show very variable markings.

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.