LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Nothobranchius annectens «ruvu River Tzn 2009-05»

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Nothobranchius annectens «ruvu River Tzn 2009-05»

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Senor Bastardo 7 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Yuri

Hi Guys,

I am glad to be registered at this forum. This is my first topic here…

The question is about Nothobranchius annectens «Ruvu River TZN 2009-05» eggs hatching.

I have carefully checked a few eggs from this batch under a microscope. A wee fry inside is clearly visible, I can see the moving eyes, beating heart, blood vessels etc.

Two days passed after the wetting – no one fry has been hatched. Tried to trigger hatching by dropping a cool rain water – doesn’t help either…

Can anybody suggest how to trigger them to hatch. It would be shame to put them back in a peat since the fries are really well developed inside the eggs.

Thanks.

Senor Bastardo
    Participant

You could try adding some flakes, liquifry or any other food. I don´t know why but it seem to work. You can always re-dry the peat and try to hatch in two weeks since you got eye-ups.

It really is a gamble with Nothobranchius sometimes you get loads and sometime you get nothing.

Yuri

As I have said a fry is completely developed. I have tried a few tricks, but adding live micro worms into the container did the job. Fries started to hatch yesterday. The only thing is that they look a bit weak.

Senor Bastardo
    Participant

Micross work good too. Often when you buy peat it seems that it is too clean and they need some sort of trigger such as micros, flake or something.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.