LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

On The Move Again…

Home Forums The Lounge On The Move Again…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Dunc already knows about this but I suppose I should make my excuses in advance! After a couple of years of living in separate countries and now over 1000km apart in different cities my good lady and I have decided it’s time to be together. To cut a long story short I originally moved here to Barcelona because I thought there would be more opportunities here and the plan was my girlfriend would join me this summer to do a Masters degree. As it turns out she’d have to study partly in Catalan so it’s not an option plus my chances of getting a good job here are severely limited for the same reason (my Spanish is getting better but most places here want both languages). It’s also super-expensive to live here and I’ve been working two crappy jobs and 60-hour plus weeks just to support myself.

So-ooo I’m off! I’ve already quit my bar job and am just working for Samsung next week at the GSM mobile world congress then Aiste (my missus) is driving all the way up here from Malaga to get me bless ‘er. I’ll likely be offline between the 20th-23rd as a result. It’s been a bit of an odd time here in Barcelona as after my savings began to run out at the end of August I literally haven’t been able to enjoy the city as I’ve been working so hard. My chances of making friends have also been hit as a result so I’m well excited about a fresh start and of course over the moon I’ll be living in the same place as Ais. /ph34r.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:ph34r:” border=”0″ alt=”ph34r.gif” />

dunc
    Keymaster

Well, all I’ll say is…

It’s snowing again

Matt
    Keymaster

Here’s the 5 day forecast for Malaga. Bit of cloud on Sunday. /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” />

Mark Duffill
    Participant

Good luck with the move Matt , hope all goes well /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” /> /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

thelizzious

Yaay, Matt!! That’s superb! I am sooo happy for you. And you’re absolutely right, with all the recessions going on, all over the planet, you youngsters need a plan and a den for yourself! PLease, make something beautiful out of your lives, it can be so short, so make it as sweet as you can. /wub.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wub:” border=”0″ alt=”wub.gif” /> her

Eyrie
    Participant

Congratulations on the final move

Matt
    Keymaster

Thanks peeps!! /wacko.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wacko:” border=”0″ alt=”wacko.gif” />

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Feb 12 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Thanks peeps!! /wacko.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:wacko:” border=”0″ alt=”wacko.gif” />

Keep trying Matt it will come /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” /> /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

thelizzious

QUOTE (Matt @ Feb 12 2009, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

“Wedding- Cake or death?” /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Exactly….what both of you just said!!! /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

dunc
    Keymaster

If you’d ever met Matt “in real life” you would appreciate how incredibly difficult it would be to be married to him….

thelizzious

QUOTE (dunc @ Feb 13 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    If you’d ever met Matt “in real life” you would appreciate how incredibly difficult it would be to be married to him…. /tongue.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:p” border=”0″ alt=”tongue.gif” /> Now now, Dunc, don’t you get dis- /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

No, no. He’s right…

thelizzious

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, no. He’s right…

/laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />
    As long as you’re happy we’ll be happy here on SF

mzapater
    Participant

Hi Matt,

If you want to stop in Zaragoza for a rest, of course you´re invited. Let me know about it.

Good luck down south!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.