LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Oryzias woworae

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Oryzias woworae

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

keith565
    Participant

cracking pics Charles. i’m trying the first method at the moment due to space shortages. but will have lots of plant cover. adding more today.

Colin
    Participant

Matt I have both true woworae and one of the blue species so will get pics for you once the woworae grow up a bit

Matt
    Keymaster

That would be great Colin – so the real one is the fish pictured here by Charles that only shows a lot of blue under flash photography while the other forms are actually blue in colour?

torso
    Participant

Colin
    Participant

ah, that’ll be where they blagged their ebay pic from

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie…T#ht_1272wt_905

Matt
    Keymaster

Aww man Kesgrave Tropicals again! I’ve already had to warn them twice about not using pics from here and they even posted an entire, copied and pasted profile once….

keith565
    Participant

now i’m confused, what are the ‘other’ forms.

Matt
    Keymaster

Keith O. woworae was described from Muna Island off Sulawesi but since the description was published similar-looking fish have been collected from other islands in the vicinity. As far as I understand it, these can’t be assigned to O. woworae in the absence of scientific confirmation.

Edit: actually similar-looking fish have been collected from mainland Sulawesi only.

keith565
    Participant

ah, gotcha. thanks mate.

Matt
    Keymaster

How long do these carry eggs for chaps?

Stefan

QUOTE (Matt @ Mar 10 2011, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Keith O. woworae was described from Muna Island off Sulawesi but since the description was published similar-looking fish have been collected from other islands in the vicinity. As far as I understand it, these can’t be assigned to O. woworae in the absence of scientific confirmation.

Er, right?

Other islands? Not that I’m aware of. The described one comes from the Island, the 2nd and last and only other from the mainland, clostest to the island. A keeper, that I trust, told me they are really different.

Matt
    Keymaster

Yep quite right that comment was without reading the paper and checking online properly…ahem.

Stefan

I will try but it’ll have to wait for a bit for a reason, if that’s okay?

Matt
    Keymaster

Yeah of course! I have some info already.

torso
    Participant

time for an update
    the fry grows quite fast. date of birth was 08.03.2011
    the largest are at 18 mm now

Attached files

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.