LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Osor, Comarca Osona, Catalonia

Home Forums The Lounge Osor, Comarca Osona, Catalonia

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Matt 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

Few pics from yesterday. the river was full of Barbus but we didn’t have the right equipment to collect any, unfortunately.

The Susqueda reservoir is one of several on the River Ter and the dam which forms it provides electricity for much of the region. Unfortunately this means that the middle section of the river, despite being set in a beautiful gorge and appearing an ideal environment for fishes, is virtually dead. We had a look a few kilometres below the dam but found only only the non-native species Micropterus salmoides and Lepomis sp. A real shame as the setting was a picture.

Attached files

Colin
    Participant

Very nice – are these with the new toy

Matt
    Keymaster

They are indeed – just using the kit lens though, still no idea about the others! Got a long drive Thursday night for which I’ll be a passenger so planning to swot up then.

Plaamoo
    Participant

Beautiful country Matt! Love the stonework!

Another little bit you might consider is a circular polarizer, really brightens up the sky when the sun’s out! Did you but more lenses?

planning to swot up then.

Translation please?

Matt
    Keymaster

Cheers Jim! Swot up = study intensively!

Plaamoo
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jul 19 2011, 06:39 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Cheers Jim! Swot up = study intensively! /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

There are different polarizing filters. The circular type rotate and adjust to the necessary position in relation to the sunlight. Much more effective, and more expensive, than the stationary types.

Matt
    Keymaster

Oooh fancy, will check those out. Thanks Jim!

I did buy more lenses, this one and this one. Got a holiday coming up so need to learn a bit how to use them beforehand!

coelacanth
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jul 18 2011, 01:16 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Few pics from yesterday. the river was full of Barbus but we didn’t have the right equipment to collect any, unfortunately.

You need to get yourself a tame one of these to catch Barbus…

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

coelacanth
    Participant

Rod protector

coelacanth
    Participant

Which Barbus are they? Meridionalis?

Plaamoo
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Jul 19 2011, 11:43 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Oooh fancy, will check those out. Thanks Jim!

I did buy more lenses, this one and this one. Got a holiday coming up so need to learn a bit how to use them beforehand!

Very nice Matt! Now you need the sb600. Which kit lens do you have? 18-55? I love mine for carry around general use.

Matt
    Keymaster

Yes 18/55 kit lens Jim, and I already have the SB600 plus a decent tripod so I’m basically all set!

Pete, it’s the Río Ter basin so should be B. meridionalis yep.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.