RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Penninsular Thailand Tank Stocking

Home Forums My Aquarium Penninsular Thailand Tank Stocking

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

GreenBryde
    Participant

Hello!

Firstly I would like to introduce myself: My name is Ben, and I have been in this hobby for 3 years now. I currently have a 55 liter tank stocked with Caridina mariae (tiger shrimp) and 15 Boraras naevus (strawberry rasboras). I also keep Neocaridina davidi in a smaller tank (20 liter).

I am currently planning a new setup focused more on fish and plants from southern penninsular Thailand. As there are some species I am interested in, but have no experience in keeping myself, I would love to hear others opinions on the setup/stocking ideas. It will be kind of a ‘biotope light’ setup.

Planned is a 60x40x40 cm tank, a blackwater tank with dark sand as substrate, lots of botanicals/tannins, peat pellets as filter media, I am aiming for GH<6; KH<4, pH<6.5. The idea would be to have 2-3 easy plants found in Thailand (Ceratopteris cornuta, Egeria densa, Limnophila aromatica), floating plants, with no CO2 injection and low lighting (twinstar b-series).

For fish, I want to introduce my 15 strawberries to this setup and add a pair of Betta imbellis. Would it be possible to add 6 loaches (Pangio cuneovirgata would be my choice, if I can get them) as well? Or would it be overstocked, or just a non-fitting combination?

Catzen
    Participant

I don’t know if it will be overtocked, but your project looks promising 🙂

Boykin111
    Participant

The common species found here include urchins, starfish, crabs, and shrimp in many shapes and colors. You can visit this https://www.brillassignment.co.uk/courseworks/ and learn more new things about studying. You can even find some rarer species like seahorses and pipefish.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.