LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

'Protomyzon' pachychilus

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes 'Protomyzon' pachychilus

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author

torso
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Oct 4 2011, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Marvellous, and they seem to be catching and exporting mainly juveniles too.

Thomas
    Participant

So, have seen them today and could do a few (bad) pics. They are mostly in the background of the tank. Very good healthy and active loaches but expensive, about 120 Euro. On another List I have seen them for 175 Euro.

Not sure someone will buy them?

Swimming…

Attached files

The.Dark.One
    Participant

Are you not doing a profile on these Matt?

Matt
    Keymaster

Yeah will do – just don’t have much info to share yet. Do you know anyone that’s bought and is maintaining it?

The.Dark.One
    Participant

Just Mike Kirkham as far as I know

Matt
    Keymaster

May I inquire as to why you asked this today?

The.Dark.One
    Participant

I was just searching through and found a post about it and then just thought you would have a profile on it with it being such a sought after fish

Matt
    Keymaster

Just changed the thread title to ‘Protomyzon‘ as this fish is of uncertain generic status and certainly not a Protomyzon.

Attached files

torso
    Participant

Hi all
    some days ago I’ve got a bunch of these little cuties. As it is for breeding purpose adults as well. No exact infos about the locality. But the strain on the habitats seems to be stronger than ever.
    They arrived in a fairly good condition – with some exeptions – eating eagerly from the first day on. I put them in a new 120x25x25 tank with strong filter and current, a lot of oxygen as well.

good swimmers with the flow

You may enjoy some pics

Cheers Charles

Attached files

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Charles,

is the fifth pic from top also a pachychilus?

Cheers,
    Thomas

torso
    Participant

All from the same river, Thomas and all the same species. The shippments before have probably been a mix from different rivers but there too I have seen this striped variation.
    If you have a good look you can see the pattern changing with the growth but it doesn’t depend only on the length.
    The largest is 5.5 cm TL, the smallest 3 cm TL (second pic)
    Cheers Charles

Matt
    Keymaster

Does the pattern change with mood Charles?

Super pics too – are you keeping all of them?

torso
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Apr 26 2012, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Does the pattern change with mood Charles?
    Super pics too – are you keeping all of them?

No, Matt. Most pics were taken just after the insertion into the fresh tank. Of course they were a bit paler then, that’s all.
    What asthonished me was the behaviour: no signs of shyness, moving all the time unless the are full, taking all sorts of food, even pellets. And no problems at all with the R zhoui which I stock for a friend.
    And I’m keeping quite a bunch of them – this time

andy rushworth
    Participant

Great pics Charles as always

torso
    Participant

an update

the pattern has become more distinct in the adult specimen. They are very “sociable”, prefering to stay in groups when full. They like “green” food as algae, cucumbers, zucchini, but won’t touch the brown algae at the front glass. Sexing is easier than expected. For this I should upload a video. Can I do this directly? Otherwise I would take some pics when they cling to the front glass. The upside pic above shows a hungry male. No losses up till now. R. zhoui should move in three weeks to a friend when he is back from Java, so the tank would be a “one-species-show”.

And thanks for /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />, Andy. However it looks like 😀

Cheers Charles

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.