LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

pseudogastros

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes pseudogastros

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author

mikev
    Participant

This is the red spot problem:

http://rainbow-fish.org/fishpic/ersi3.jpg

three fishes were nowhere to be seen during feeding :( obviously, under stones entirely.

olly
    Participant

My pseudo-babies (P.fangi) now in the age of 4 months in size of 3,5-4sm TL.

9/04/2014

pseudo2.jpgpseudo-fangi2.jpg

mikev
    Participant

Very nice! Congrats!

Plaamoo
    Participant

That’s great olly! How are yours doing Mike? Mine all died.

mikev
    Participant

Very sorry for this, Jim…. this seems like a PM subject …. later.

mikev
    Participant

OK… I had to wait till I could check the tank and count. Not too good here either, 3 losses so far. And while the first two I understand — these were the smallest two, the fish was very skinny, grazed rather than ate, and on top of it was harassed by larger ones — I tried but this looked bad from the beginning, the 3rd loss, two weeks ago, involved a decent size fish, not thin… donno… they do fight, maybe this?

=====

And I still see smaller (not small) individuals trying to hide… p.laticeps did the same initially, but stopped long ago… almost no harassment in their tank…

Plaamoo
    Participant

Mine just seem to wither away one by one( I only had 4). No real aggression, just the usual. They seemed to graze but never put on any mass. I finally moved the last one to a tank all alone with lots of algae and it didn’t help. Redspots are doing great!

olly
    Participant

Thanks!

@plaamoo
    said:
    Mine all died.

Very sorry. If you were not so far away, I could give you some of mine.

torso
    Participant

Hi

I just read the article about the breeding of P. fangi by Gerhard Ott in “Aquaristik-Fachmagazin”, August/September, 2014 .

Cheers Charles

PS: exellent pics about the change of colours/patterns from juvenile to adult and head underside male/female. And a exellent description of the proceedings of course.

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.