LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Pseudomugil cf. paskai/iriani

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Pseudomugil cf. paskai/iriani

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Colin
    Participant

Yeah the few “iriani” eggs I have collected have been funny about hatching – the first hatched after 14 days and then some waited 20 days – of course, this could just be down to the time taken for me spotting them in the wool mops /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

first rainbows i have had fry from so nothing to compare size with LOL

nice egg pic by the way – missed it last time

mikev
    Participant

pellucidus fry is at least twice the size of “iriani”, “iriani” is about the same size as p.gertrudae — hopefully that gives you a scale. “iriani” otoh are possibly the fastest growing rainbow fry… you feed them a lot, they will get to half the adult size in five weeks. And what is nice about them is that they are not aggressive: p.gertrudae fry attacks other fry… “iriani” once they grow up a bit quietly stay in the bottom of the tank and ignore smaller fry on top.

That egg — thanks — was the first one and infertile

Colin
    Participant

will try for pics of mine tomorrow if i get a chance

mikev
    Participant

Mine are here (fish is mine,photos are not).

BTW, you do not need paramecium with them… Sera Micron or similar hq powder food, they will take artemia in about 3 days. The only rainbows that need paramecium are i.werneri and some glossos.

torso
    Participant

I got some German bred three weeks ago. Seem to be a little delicate in shippment, specially when coming from the Indonesian breeder. Not easy to take pics when time is short. For comparison only here two just after incoming

At least I have some females to try …
    H.G. Evers made a remark about the possible provenance, posted 25th january here in the original version
    http://www.regenbogenfisch-forum.de/board7…kai/index2.html
    and the pics are splendid.
    Mine are looking gorgeous by now.
    cheers Charles

Attached files

Colin
    Participant

LOL Maybe they don’t “need” the paramecium but I have tonnes of it and grudge paying £7 for what is just crushed flake

mikev
    Participant

A newborn pell:

The cable is from an Eheim heater…the fry is 8-9mm at birth and the largest among all rainbows, very alert and capable of eating artemia right away…

Matt
    Keymaster

Pseudomugil cf. paskai ‘yellow’. A new colour form?

446463-pseudomugil-paskai-yellow1.jpg

Ferrika
    Participant

I’ve seen a video of them. I think, they are only bad colored or a location variant. But the price (at TropicWater 19,90 ) is absolutely not justified. We do not know yet whether this color is inherited ….

torso
    Participant

All P. cf paskai “red neon” are bred. This form is it’s colour variant.

@ Jutta: the breeder makes the price 😡

Cheers Charles

Ferrika
    Participant

Not really, Charles. The buyer determines the price :-)

And DNA analysis says that the cf. paskai are a separate species.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.