LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Re-scaping.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Bluedave 7 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hokum
    Participant

I’d like to re-scape my main tank. Is it safe to make changes with the fish in? I’m just worried that if I disturb the gravel too much I’ll have issues?

I can’t move everything to my quarantine tank as it is too small for all the fish.

The main issue is that two of my java fern are getting carried away and are turning into monsters.

Eyrie
    Participant

Should be fine, providing you’re careful to work at one end of the tank so that the fish can stay away from you.

You could move the fish to the q-tank for a couple of hours, but there is a lot of stress involved in being netted and moved twice, so I’d try to avoid this option.

gizmo984
    Participant

I was changing the aquascape in my tank just a month ago,and I tried with the fish in the tank,but moved them to another (empty) tank,with the water and the filter from their tank.Found that in the end it is less stressfull for the fish and you can work withouth thinking about the fish (will they get stuck on the wood,in the plants…)
    Happy to say the fish are all withouth any problems after the change

gizmo984
    Participant

Oh and forgot to say I took some time to aclimate them to the “new” water

Bluedave
    Participant

You can change the aquascape with the fish in the water – most scapes in nature aren’t as clean as our tanks!

If it’s only going to be a couple of hours you can put the fish in buckets (depending on numbers!) if you’d prefer.

There’s fish in this one during a rescape:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.