LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

rhinogobius rubromaculatus: sexing

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes rhinogobius rubromaculatus: sexing

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  mikev 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author

Ferrika
    Participant

Hmmm …. the dead male looks as if it had just not found the exit. Honestly? Maybe it’s all good, if not as dumb animals multiply …. Sorry!

The couple in the photo should actually take action soon. The female is already slightly stained dark, then it will not be long. As all have not yet spawned, they need some time to practice (Just think on your first time, you were certainly awkward than today * g *). Do not watch it so much that makes them nervous :-)
    You know, when fish do not want to multiply, there are rituals that help: first whine (with friends who also have fish), then rant (“I give you the next best beginners!”), And finally resignation. Then it works :-)

And give them yet little flower pots into the pool. And clay-coasters or something like that, if there is such a thing with you.

What the hell are you doing always with your gobies? C. eremius are usually just as easy in the replication … and just your play nanny-goat fight ….. Is something in your water, which makes the gobies to be on the blink?

mikev
    Participant

Hmmm …. the dead male looks as if it had just not found the exit.

I had the same feeling. I lost loaches and aspidoras who got stuck in narrow places, but this tube was not narrow! He had enough room for a U-turn!

The other female (the one who tried spawning) looked even more ready.

Just think on your first time, you were certainly awkward than today

You may have a point! It has been a long time, but I distinctly remember that I was mostly concerned about preventing the girl from leaving, everything else was too difficult to figure out … just like this rubro male!

Oh, c.eremius were easy. But every time they started spawning, I had to insert partitions into the tank to stop other females from joining in.

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.