LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Salaria fluviatilis

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Salaria fluviatilis

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Luigi 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author

aquatax
    Participant

I have not yet tried to raise fry. This is the first nest I found. At the moment I am waiting for them to hatch.

oaken
    Participant

Great pictures in this thread

torso
    Participant

QUOTE (oaken @ Mar 21 2011, 01:03 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Great pictures in this thread

tries to dominate the rest of the group

the “big boss” won’t show up on the set, even not for tasty cocktail-shrimps

and another male loses instantly all colouring when the dominating male appears

and is chasen away by the “second”

last but not least some females

Attached files

torso
    Participant

some pics of “second” boss and eggs in the apartement tower

cheers Charles

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Great work and photos Charles! Are the eggs so purple in ‘life’ and did you see any of the spawning behaviour?

torso
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Apr 4 2011, 08:04 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Great work and photos Charles! Are the eggs so purple in ‘life’ and did you see any of the spawning behaviour?

yes, Mat. it’s surprising because the pics of Michael show just a slight violet. it could be because of the yellow of the brick that the red becames so dark?

mzapater
    Participant

Just recovered a large boulder covered with eggs at the Zaragoza Public Aquarium (had to dive in, head first up to my chest to do it…)..

Placed it in a bucket in the quarantine zone (outside exhibition), with a general antibiotic and an airstone.

From what I´ve found, the key is to feed the newly hatched fry rotifers, does anybody have some info about this?

Found it here: https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2…LV2zurbwCzQtSfA

We´ll give them a try and see what happens…

Best regards,

Manuel…

Matt
    Keymaster

QUOTE (mzapater @ Apr 20 2011, 06:34 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Just recovered a large boulder covered with eggs at the Zaragoza Public Aquarium (had to dive in, head first up to my chest to do it…)..

Wish I’d seen that! /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” /> I’ve a few more papers on Salaria so will check to see if any might be useful. Do I understand correctly you’d like some info on how to culture rotifers too?

mzapater
    Participant

I think we can get rotifer cultures from another public aquarium, and the quarantine curator here in Zaragoza has got experience in cultivating them.

I just don´t understand such a high mortality, but the density was also far too big from what I´ve read.

We´ll give them green water and rotifers, as well as Artemia nauplii and see what happens…

I´ve bred them in large pools, just leaving them there… 3 – 4 trios in 6000 l and at the end of the year collected about 200 in each of the pools… lots of algae in the pools, so I may use some filamentous algae for the baby Salaria as well.

As for diving topless in the tanks.. come and do it whenever you want /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Fevz
    Participant

If i would be visitor there i would probably soak in that aquarium to see what you are doing

mzapater
    Participant

No luck this time..

torso
    Participant

Hi all

a video, giving an impression of the curiosity of S. fluviatilis. Taken last year, water strongly moving.

Cheers Charles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEZCYC9BWSo&feature=youtu.be

Plaamoo
    Participant

Really nice Charles, Thanks!

Matt
    Keymaster

Superb Charles.:smile: You still have them?

torso
    Participant

Actually I haven’t, Matt. Next year again.

Cheers Charles

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.