LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Sewellia spp.

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Sewellia spp.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 107 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

I’m guessing someone’s paying top dollar for those adults somewhere. Japan perhaps?

It’s going to be interesting to see how your fish develop guys!

Matt
    Keymaster

Quick question. Which are the most/least dominant Sewellia species in a community situation and where do the others rank compared to them? Which fight the hardest/least among themselves?

Also, is the ‘belly-to-belly’ sparring part of territorial or hierarchical behaviour?

Plaamoo
    Participant

Sorry i can’t help with your questions Matt. I have s. lineolata alone and these are also alone. I’m not sure the difference between territorial & hierarchical battles. Seems like they battle for the best territory & the winner is the boss!

The larger elongata (1 5/8″) are getting a little darker.

Matt
    Keymaster

Thanks Jim, those are starting to look really good! I asked because I kept a small group of S. lineolata for a few months before leaving the UK which were pretty peaceful among themselves and a single spotted specimen (last one in the shop) which gave the Garra flavatra sharing its tank murder!

torso
    Participant

my ranking
    amongst themselves: speciosa (I never seee two on the same stone, pecafully), lineolata, spotted, spp 02-04
    in a mixed group: no problem for spp 02-04 to dominate (speciosa kept only in separated tank); in a 500 lt tank: lineolata dominates without problems b. kweichowensis and pseudogastromyzon sp

Plaamoo
    Participant

I can’t wait till we get some of these in the States! I have only been able to find S. lineolata in recent months of looking…

Plaamoo
    Participant

Have a look here, where i got mine.
    http://www.wetspottropicalfish.com/

Artem
    Participant

Matt, Good evening. Please help me identify type of my Sewellia. Thank you.

Attached files

Matt
    Keymaster

Artem, there are others here who know this genus much better than me, but check here.

Artem
    Participant

QUOTE (Matt @ Apr 21 2011, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Artem, there are others here who know this genus much better than me, but check here. /mad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:mad:” border=”0″ alt=”mad.gif” />

Menu
    Participant

Hi Artem,
    I also think that they are S. speciosa, the patterning is unmistakable.
    Did you doubt it??

Here some pics of mine:

Female

Male
    you can clearly see the different head shape and the tubercules on the head and pelvic fins

Underside and head detail from a female

Male and female

Matt
    Keymaster

Nice new pics Manuel.

Menu
    Participant

Yes of course Matt

Menu
    Participant

Now my biggest S. elongata look exactly like K. Udomritthiruj big specimens.
    S. elongata grow faster than other Sewellia species, now the biggest one have about 7,5cm.
    But unfortunately still no signs of spawning or fry.

Thats the same fish. November 2010

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.