LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Sewellia spp.

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Sewellia spp.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 107 total)
  • Author

torso
    Participant

hi artem
    at least one species in clip two is not s. speciosa. do you have good pics of the adults? apart the clear lineolata and speciosa?
    cheers Charles

Artem
    Participant

QUOTE (Menu @ Jan 25 2012, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Really hard to say.
    I hope they can not cross, the hybrids may be infertile.?

I hope too, thanks.

Artem
    Participant

QUOTE (torso @ Jan 26 2012, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    hi artem
    at least one species in clip two is not s. speciosa. do you have good pics of the adults? apart the clear lineolata and speciosa?
    cheers Charles

Yes, Beaufortia, which can seen on the clip number 2, was not in spawning it for sure.

torso
    Participant

QUOTE (Artem @ Jan 26 2012, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Yes, Beaufortia, which can seen on the clip number 2, was not in spawning it for sure.
    s. speciosa

s. speciosa/lineolata

the clips
    first with the fry of 1.5 years: that’s not speciosa
    second: sec 0-50 not sewellia (?) sp, 18-54 beaufortia, 54-end sewellia (?)sp
    some screenshots to show the markings

this one is looking like a beaufortia sp

third: fry which can’t be speciosa

here speciosa at this size

I can see fry coming up every now and then, they never are banded. does anybody have different markings?
    anyway:
    a new species with fry wouldn’t be too bad I think

Attached files

Menu
    Participant

Artem a pic from underside could be very useful!

I also have a fry with mysterious markings… I try to take pics.

Artem
    Participant

QUOTE (Menu @ Jan 26 2012, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Artem a pic from underside could be very useful!

I also have a fry with mysterious markings… I try to take pics.

Hi, torso, Menu! Thank you very much for such detailed analysis. I’ll be a long time to delve into the meaning of your messages (a problem with my English). Then I will photograph the parents of these young fish, then fry the adult photo, then the new fry. Then we will think. The main problem, that I see the at the same time spawning game and S.speciosa, and Sewellia lineolata. Three Beaufortia in this process are not involved. And yet, the difference form of the tail and the mouth Beaufortia and Sewellia do not allow me to doubt that the young fish is not Beaufortia but Sewellia. There will be pictures.
    Thank you very much

Artem
    Participant

QUOTE (Artem @ Jan 27 2012, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi, torso, Menu! Thank you very much for such detailed analysis. I’ll be a long time to delve into the meaning of your messages (a problem with my English). Then I will photograph the parents of these young fish, then fry the adult photo, then the new fry. Then we will think. The main problem, that I see the at the same time spawning game and S.speciosa, and Sewellia lineolata. Three Beaufortia in this process are not involved. And yet, the difference form of the tail and the mouth Beaufortia and Sewellia do not allow me to doubt that the young fish is not Beaufortia but Sewellia. There will be pictures.
    Thank you very much

I have already said, that the summer of 2010 in an aquarium with S.speciosa and S.lineolata caught 7 fry. Beaufortia did not yet exist

Attached files

Artem
    Participant

Another young fish in 2010. An entirely different picture, right?

Attached files

Artem
    Participant

Possible parents. summer 2010

Attached files

Artem
    Participant

Here I give a few pictures of fry, made ​​in the summer of 2010. Age of fry about 4 months. I clearly see the difference between drawing a few fry

Attached files

Artem
    Participant

On the last picture on the right shows another fry with abnormal patterns.A few fry died horribly hot summer of 2010, but think, that this gay, with such a strange pattern, more runs.

Artem
    Participant

and what do you think about this fish. and this fish. sorry to off-top…

Attached files

torso
    Participant

hi Artem
    to find a solution we must go for the adults. I made the sreenshots to verify one possibility: s. diardi, of which I don’t know any picture. some months ago they were on a list and I ordered the stock, what came in was s. spotted in desastrous shape or dead. s. diardi remains a mistery. after the description of Roberts this species doesn’t have bold concentric bands on the posterior part of the unpaired fins. what your specimen seem to have.
    there are three other possibilities: a new species, a species on the Nguyen list we can’t verify – analis, medius, songboensis, trakhucensis – or a crossbreeding.
    cheers Charles

Matt
    Keymaster

Are there two Botia specimens Artem? They look suspiciously hybrid-like to me.

Nothing to add beyond what already been said about the Sewellia.

Menu
    Participant

Hi Charles,
    and what’s with Sewellia patella the markings look identical and the Ventral fins have also bright ends.? I have also just a picture of this species from Dr. Freyhof.

S. mamorata and S. pterolineata are ruled out, the markings look very identical but the head shape looks completely different.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.