LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Spawning Danio meghalayensis

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Spawning Danio meghalayensis

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

BallAquatics
    Participant

Here’s the kids @ 90 days, virtual miniatures of the adults.  On a side note, we had such a hot and dry summer I was worried about my adult breeders and the heat.  At times their tank temperatures rose into the lower 80’sF, but they showed no signs of having difficulties.

Dennis

90 day old Danio meghalayensis

90 day old Danio meghalayensis

Matt
    Keymaster

I’ve now added photos and some of the info from this thread to the species profile. Thanks again Dennis.:smile:

A couple more questions if you don’t mind: how did you separate the adult fish from the eggs, and do you have any approximate idea of the incubation period or number of days before the fry became free-swimming?

BallAquatics
    Participant

Hi Matt, thank you for adding my bit to the profile for these fish.

The fish spawned the afternoon of Thursday May 31, 2012.  I believe it was shortly after 2:00PM.
    On Saturday June 2, I noticed the first fry.  Over the weekend they began to attach to the tank glass.
    On Monday June 4, the first fry became free swimming.

In regards to separating the adults from the eggs, no efforts were made during the spawning event.  The gravel substrate is rather course and provided enough cover to prevent too many of the eggs from being eaten.  As I was working in the fish room at the time, I removed the adults to another tank after spawning activity had ended.

Thanks again – Dennis

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi Dennis are you kidding thank you for the help! This site would not exist were it not for the kindness of you and many others. :)

I’ve updated the profile again with the additional info.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.