LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Splendida Pics

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Splendida Pics

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  andy rushworth 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mark Duffill
    Participant

The splendida have been very shy for the week that I have had them, they have been active and feeding but only behind the rockwork in the tank. So knowing that there is a very good chance they had encountered Pearl Danio’s in the wild I went and got a shoal of 10 today.

To say the change in the splendida is massive is an understatement, all nine fish were out swimming at the front of the tank together within hours of the danio’s going in the tank:

Matt
    Keymaster

Superb pictures Mark and great to see them doing so well. I’ve been arguing with the technical wing of this site for ages about the merits of Danios and you’ve just added another one to the list!

Mark Duffill
    Participant

To be honest I wanted something else but I they are hardy fast fish so should cope with any attention from the splendida, also they were the only Danio from the same area that I could get hold of quickly.

There is the other benefit of the fact that they have been spawning all morning so far and that means free food for the loaches

dunc
    Keymaster

QUOTE (Matt @ May 17 2009, 01:01 AM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I’ve been arguing with the technical wing of this site for ages about the merits of Danios and you’ve just added another one to the list! /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

They look fantastic Mark – good thinking on the Danios too

andy rushworth
    Participant

Hi Matt, I agree totally about the Merits of Danio’s and Devario’s for that matter , wonderful fish in their own rights , and great for their calming behaviour to fishes living deeper in the tank ! in some ways with the introduction of so many new Danio’s , I wonder if we just take them a little for granted ? my personal favorite has always been D.kerri , I adore this fish the colours are to die for : /rolleyes.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:rolleyes:” border=”0″ alt=”rolleyes.gif” /> Oh and what about Choprae i m o as pretty as any of the Tetras

Author
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.