LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Steatocranus Irvinei And Gobiocichla Wonderi

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Steatocranus Irvinei And Gobiocichla Wonderi

This topic contains 44 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  dunc 11 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author

dunc
    Keymaster

Just on the making of it etc, that would be really superb. I swear I’ve seen it before though. That’ll be my latent psychic powers again /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Mark Duffill
    Participant

No probs Dunc I will try and put something together over the weekend if I get chance

dunc
    Keymaster

Lovely mate, thanks muchly

Matt
    Keymaster

You’ll be wanting a big-ish group mate so I reckon Brian or someone might be able to order in for you?

dunc
    Keymaster

Yeah deffo want a large group Matt. Will have a word with a few LFS see if I get any luck.

What kind of turnover do I want in this tank btw? Looking at Aquaclear powerheads, they’re incredibly cheap now. I could do 3000LPH for £50

Matt
    Keymaster

I had the Teleocichla tank turning over 1500l ph so getting towards 15 x tank volume. Looking at the shape of them mate I’d say you’re right in that the fish will tend to stay out of the main flow but they should feed in the water column. Judging by their mouth shape/position I wonder if they feed on quite a bit of algae in the wild?

Mark Duffill
    Participant

In my rivertank I have two Re-sun powerheads that give me 5000 lph turnover, there is also a smaller power filter in there running a small spray bar as well.

When My mate had them he did note that they would often be seen grazing on the algae on the rocks, I asked if they were actually eating the algae or grazing it for anything edible like micro organisms, snails or baby shrimp etc and he wasn’t 100% sure.

dunc
    Keymaster

5000 LPH lol that is just insane

Mark Duffill
    Participant

QUOTE (dunc @ Sep 27 2008, 04:25 PM) < {POST_SNAPBACK}>
    5000 LPH lol that is just insane /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

dunc
    Keymaster

OMG lol that’s the same size tank as mine! Do you wash your clothes in there too? /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

ndc
    Participant

why dont you use a seio pump – they are only about £20 and will turn over 2400 litres per hour (for the m620 and go up from there) – also its not in a jet stream, other positive is they only run at about 7 watts whereas a large powerhead runs at about 20 + watt each

dunc
    Keymaster

Mark did you get a chance to hoy anything together? Have ordered the G wonderi now for arrival next Fri /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

dunc
    Keymaster

Oh, and what about Bedotia geayi as “dithers” (what IS the right word for that?

Matt
    Keymaster

Bedotia would be too large as adults I reckon mate, I’ve seen them at close to 6″ in a couple of public aquariums. I think Pseudomugil could work though.

dunc
    Keymaster

Six inches /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.