LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Sundadanio Axelrodi coloration/species ID

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Sundadanio Axelrodi coloration/species ID

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

harrisonbaer
    Participant

Hello, first post here. Been a hobbyist for about a year, after keeping my Rummynose Tetra school alive and happy for about 6 months I decided to increase the stakes and get some rare/difficult to breed fish. I settled on Sundadanio Axelrodi, and they all arrived healthy, they seem to be doing well and adjusting to their new home. My only concern is that I believe I recived a mixture of different species, and I’m worried about interbreeding. Here’s a photo clearly showing 4 of the blue individuals above, and on the right-middle, the fish I need help IDing. Ignore the green kubotai and the rummynose tetra (note the dark anal fin in the top-middle fish, and the developing dark anal fin on the one below it–the darker anal fins indicate these are males) Ignore the green kubotai and the rummynose tetra.

"Quantcast"</div>” alt=”” />"Quantcast"</div>” alt=”” />

It’s weird, the mystery fish almost looks like a penguin tetra, I have no idea. I ordered these from LiveAquaria under the name ‘Axelrod Raspbora’ which is misidentified, note the true scientific name in the title. They did, at least, specify “blue” in the official invoice and on the container, but I’m wondering if even THAT is correct. Thanks so much to anyone who can offer insight on this.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.