LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Thoricthys Ellioti

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Thoricthys Ellioti

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author

dunc
    Keymaster

It is indeed! /ohmy.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:o” border=”0″ alt=”ohmy.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Lol I meant where in the house monkey boy…

dunc
    Keymaster

Oh my bad

dunc
    Keymaster

Mmm the biggest male is ultra-aggressive. The other poor feckers are all hiding in the plants, rarely coming out. Should I separate him or something?

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (dunc @ Jul 29 2008, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Mmm the biggest male is ultra-aggressive. The other poor feckers are all hiding in the plants, rarely coming out. Should I separate him or something?

i think so, well atleast till the others catch up in size

ulster exile

I too have one which is much bigger than the others. It too chases the others, but the level of aggression is pretty low – the pencilfish do more chasing than this one does and the remaining elliotti’s certainly aren’t hiding all the time. Presumably I have more in store once he gets a bit older since I gather they are pretty aggressive within the species.

I had planned to get rid of the big one if he proved to be too much trouble as I can’t separate him, but if you have the option of separation, then perhaps that might be an idea?

PS How come you can curse like the big people, but my “b*gg*r” gets edited out – I’m a big person too you know

dunc
    Keymaster

/sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” /> I don’t even realise I’m doing it.

Yeah gonna have to separate him I reckon. He’s nowhere near as colourful as the others but he’s like twice the size.

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (dunc @ Jul 29 2008, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” /> I don’t even realise I’m doing it.

Yeah gonna have to separate him I reckon. He’s nowhere near as colourful as the others but he’s like twice the size.

bad boy! you should be spanked….

wait its my bday today not yours!

dunc
    Keymaster

After such a promising start, I’m having a veritable nightmare.. heavy whitespot outbreak which just doesn’t want to be cured and the biggest male is now ultra-aggressive, battering the others around the tank.

Gonna have to move him.. but am apprehensive because the whitespot – even after 5 days of treatment – still isn’t improving.

Richy
    Participant

I pressume you know what to do but what are your stats, tank size etc and what meds are you using? Seperate the source of the problem is a good place to start

dunc
    Keymaster

They’re new fish, it appeared not long after they arrived.. only other fish in there are the Otos which were from the same order.

Temp is up, muchos aeration through a fairly large air pump. 4ft tank, correctly dosed with Protozin.

Malti
    Participant

what temp u keeping dunc?

ndc
    Participant

when i got the guianacara a few months ago they brought in whitespot but it took about 12 days of protozin to get it to clear

dunc
    Keymaster

Cheers Neill I’ll keep that in mind. They’re meant to be ~24, they’re about 30 atm to help speed the whitespot cycle up. Got bucket loads of aeration.. one big pump with two airstones.. plus the filter with venturi.

Matt
    Keymaster

They still feeding alright mate? If the smaller ones are getting battered you could try adding some extra cover.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.