LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Thoricthys Ellioti

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Thoricthys Ellioti

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author

dunc
    Keymaster

Yer they’re eating. Gonna do a water change tomorrow, separate the aggressive male then go from there. Probably have to do another course of protozin in both tanks.. but I’d rather do that than see my other fish get battered.

Eyrie
    Participant

Could you isolate the male using a tank divider rather than a second tank?

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE (Eyrie @ Aug 5 2008, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Could you isolate the male using a tank divider rather than a second tank?

why? cause of the treatment?

dunc
    Keymaster

I’ve separated him.. and now the subdominant male is chasing the others round the tank.

*huge sigh*

I’m going to have to purchase a couple more I think. This is really upsetting though, I’m genuinely struggling to get the best out of these fish.

Malti
    Participant

could the extra heat make them more aggresive?

dunc
    Keymaster

Nah. Just think I’ve got too small a group of ’em.

Eyrie
    Participant

QUOTE (Malti @ Aug 6 2008, 06:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    why? cause of the treatment?

Saves having to treat two tanks, whilst stopping the worst of the aggression.

Matt
    Keymaster

Dood what else is in the tank and have you added any extra cover? If it’s still set-up as in the pic you posted I think adding some caves and hiding places would really help.

ulster exile

Matt may have a point – although all but one of mine are pretty small still, the tank is so heavily planted that there are tons of spaces for them all to hide individually. They seriously love my dwarf sag (not so dwarf any more as about 15cm tall atm).

dunc
    Keymaster

Aye Matt, that’s my plan now. Just gonna put a ton of rockwork in amidst the plants. Think I might splash out and buy two more, too.

Whitespot seems to have gone now which is good news.

Matt
    Keymaster

Beadnell beach is the best place for rocks up there mate, miles cheaper than the garden centre! /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

mickthefish
    Participant

sorry dunc, i missed the last few posts mate, sorry about the whitespot but next time forget protozin imo it’s crap, if you can get hold of it get WS3 it’s far better.
    i too had an outbreak a few weeks ago and usually i have WS3 in but this time i had to try interpets cure it did’nt work so i got some WS3 of my mate , the fish looked better straight away and within a week it was banished to disease heaven.

mick

ndc
    Participant

the only 2 meds that work are ws3 and protozin – prefer protozin myself and ive never had it not work – even when i had the shop – so you can imagine how much gets used when new fish come in – used to dose the clown loach as a matter of course even if they werent showing immediate signs as you could guarantee within a day or two they would be scratching – even used it in a tank of newly imported wild discus which cleared them up straight away – but always start with a lower than quoted dose on delicate fish – more can be added if neads be later on.

mickthefish
    Participant

I used to use protozin until they imo started to weaken the chemics in it plus one bottle now only does once and at that price they can stick it.
    i know you use a large bottle with it being a shop, but the new ws3 will last or will serve every tank i’ve got and there’s still some left now you can’t say that about protozin.

mick

ndc
    Participant

IVE GOT THE 2X CONCENTRATE, IT IS A BIT MORE EXPENSIVE THAN WS3 BUT THROUGH USING BOTH I THINK PROTOZIN WORKS EVERY TIME ON ANY FISH BUT SAYING THAT THE WS3 IS THE ONLY OTHER ONE ID USE, IVE TRIED MOST AND THE LIKES OF INTERPET ARE RUBBISH

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.