LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Tumor? Bgk Problem

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Tumor? Bgk Problem

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
  • Author

Matt
    Keymaster

I’d be tempted to run with the full course of Melafix treatment before using the needle if the fish still seems ok other than the lump. Is it still swimming/feeding normally Richy?

dunc
    Keymaster

Yeah inclined to agree with Matt. I’d avoid the needle if at all possible, I don’t think your BGK will appreciate it :/

Richy
    Participant

apart from the lump the fish is fine, swimming, feeding etc which is why i haven’t rushed into anything. Needle is the next step from melafix but i wanted it at hand if need be especialy as it’s the weekend and the vet isn’t open after noon Sat till Mon.

Matt
    Keymaster

How’s it looking tonight?

Richy
    Participant

Hadn’t changed with the melafix but i wasn’t really expecting it to although it can’t do any harm /sad.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:(” border=”0″ alt=”sad.gif” /> The liquid which came out was normal water colour. The lump has about halved in size so I think I’ll have to do it again but may leave it a couple of days for the fish to “destress”. Naturally I’ll keep an eye on it and if it does grow again then i’ll do it sooner.
    It was even more softer than I initially thought, maybe it’s because I released some of the pressure? not sure.
    As to what the underlaying problem is or what caused it I don’t know but I think you lot are on the right track, I can’t thank you enough /thumbs_up.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:thumbsup:” border=”0″ alt=”thumbs_up.gif” />

“off topic” Matt, I looked through your list of photo’s required but didn’t see any of mine on there. If you want to use any of the photo’s i post on the forum for the forum feel free to help yourself anyway if you wish /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

Malti
    Participant

did the liquid have a particular nasty smell or just normal?

Richy
    Participant

QUOTE(Malti @ Jun 1 2008, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    did the liquid have a particular nasty smell or just normal?

Didn’t notice any smell at all, just clear liquid.
    Still the shrunken size lump today so hopefully what I did yesterday has helped a little but I think I’ll have to do it again

Malti
    Participant

so as there was no smell, i don’t think any bacteria were present, which would rule out infection. next thing that pops to mind are kidney failure maybe?

If you do it again, put the liquid in a clear glass, see if there is any smell or colouration…

Matt
    Keymaster

Great advice Karlos.

Richy
    Participant

The fish looks and acts perfectly fine apart from the “visual lump”, eating, swimming, finding food etc as normal.
    Malti, I squirted the liquid into a plastic cup, very little liquid to be honest but there was no smell of discolouration.
    This has been my problem from day 1, no signs of distress or anything.
    I’m still doing a daily dose of melafix anyway. I’ll do another syringe tomorrow night to try and rid the rest.
    Thanks once again, much appreciated

Malti
    Participant

QUOTE(Matt @ Jun 1 2008, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Great advice Karlos. /blush.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blush:” border=”0″ alt=”blush.gif” />

now I’m stuck on what to do….i need some inspiration…and sleep

Richy
    Participant

QUOTE(Malti @ Jun 2 2008, 12:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    thx I’m just applying my knowledge on different stuff, and adapting it to the situation /laugh.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:lol:” border=”0″ alt=”laugh.gif” />

Shut up

Malti
    Participant

Richy
    Participant

QUOTE(Malti @ Jun 2 2008, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

Malti
    Participant

I’m suspecting kidney trouble. now with other animals they’re given diuretics (to make them pee), and less water intake (both impossible in fish). also protein intake is lessened, to give the kidneys less work, and more chance to catch up – so could you arrange its diet, maybe remove some proteins?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.