LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Video upload?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Rüdiger 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Participant

@Rüdiger said:

@ Thomas: Absolutely stunning animals you’re showing in that video (I assume they are yours)

Yes, are mine. Currently they are overwintering, will try to breed them next spring.

Cheers,
    Thomas

Rüdiger
    Participant

@Ferrika said:
    Hi Rüdiger,
    Yes, this are B. doriae. In the video you can see males during courtship. They completely lose their black stripes and are quite golden, whilst pursuing the females ….

Hi Jutta,

could you please clearify something for me. I remembered reading an article by Dr. Vierke about B. doriae and had a look again. HERE

He discribes the “brooding colour” as turning from yellow to orange but with the black markings remaining. My question now:

Do the males change from normal patterning to courtship coloration as you discribe it and then to this “brooding color”? Or is it something different altogether?

@ Thomas: I’ll be holding thumbs. And please don’t forget to post in the critters section when you get started on that project. :-D

Regards

R.

Thomas
    Participant

never heard about this section before… yes, if they do something I will post it there.

Ferrika
    Participant

@Rüdiger said:

Do the males change from normal patterning to courtship coloration as you discribe it and then to this “brooding color”? Or is it something different altogether?

Yes, Rüdiger, as you say: at first they lay their dress on courtship (no orange stripes), if they care for a clutch, they go on with the orange stripe.

Rüdiger
    Participant

Thanx for that info. :-)

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.