LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

We Need Help!

Home Forums The Lounge We Need Help!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

dunc
    Keymaster

I think the integration as things stand is pretty reasonable – the forums can be accessed by the same navigation tabs as the rest of the website. I was just replying to your suggestion about using SMF with a standard skin – it’s something I’d do on some websites but I think with SF it really has to all feel like one “experience” as it were.

Bully
    Participant

Understood

keith565
    Participant

wow, gald someone understands what you lot just said. /blink.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:blink:” border=”0″ alt=”blink.gif” />

Bluedave
    Participant

Firstly – Bully – where were you 8 years ago when we needed to know that stuff and got fed up of phoning parents every 5 minutes! 8 years and 3 kids later I reckon we could write a book ( How to not kill your children…..just!).

Secondly – other sites I frequent have donation buttons and if they need a bit of money for something they ask very nicely. I’m sure a few people on here would part with a few quid? you only need 24 people giving a tenner each….. get the button up and i’ll chuck you some pennies.

Thirdly – when I win the lottery I’ll give you the money…..now where did I put that ticket?

Bully
    Participant

QUOTE (Bluedave @ Feb 17 2010, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Firstly – Bully – where were you 8 years ago when we needed to know that stuff and got fed up of phoning parents every 5 minutes! 8 years and 3 kids later I reckon we could write a book ( How to not kill your children…..just!).

LOL <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Secondly – other sites I frequent have donation buttons and if they need a bit of money for something they ask very nicely. I’m sure a few people on here would part with a few quid? you only need 24 people giving a tenner each….. get the button up and i’ll chuck you some pennies.

We had to make a concerted effort to raise the funds, although it was a success. We only quoted for one years hosting but managed to raise enough to cover two years…..again, we have in excess of 2000 active members which certainly makes the difference. I absolutely recommend having a donate button with a little descriptive text stating why, moreso for the KB as that’s where you’re getting the hits. You could force folks to read your donation blurb by setting up a little script that re-directs to a donation page with the narrative and a donate button. For example, each time a member logs out of the Babywhisperer forum they are re-directed to the following page:

http://donate.babywhisperer.com/

the re-direct only happens when they physically log out from the forum and the script is actually an add-on package for the forum software…still, it’s an idea you could try out?

Matt
    Keymaster

There’s now a button up there on the right that takes you to Dunc’s Paypal account but just so you all know it’s not finished and the explanatory text also needs sorting out.

Bluedave
    Participant

small donation made for the minute – more to come when my numbers come up!

Matt
    Keymaster

Cheers Dave! /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” /> You’re the second actually. Going to put a thread up now to record all donations.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.