LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Weird Guppy Behaviour.

Home Forums Fresh and Brackish Water Fishes Weird Guppy Behaviour.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author

Ross
    Participant

Cheers mate. I will see what we can find out and hopefully she isnt going to start hateing me too soon. Are there any good shops in Newcastle? When i get back to newcastle i will have a look round to find stuff i needn as well. Its expensive over here 2 get the stuff like water conditioner and things, i will stock up over there and bring it all back when i come. Testing kits are like £20 – £30 over here, liquid 1’s are £35 ish

dunc
    Keymaster

Yeah mate there’s a good few shops around here that’ll sell the kind of thing you’re after.

Ross
    Participant

Nice one, I will find out where they are when im next over. Im having a really good day today, meant to be off sick and so far ive, had to take my truck to garage because it was over heating and ive also pulled the door handle off the front door. Life is great today…………

dellag
    Participant

Ross how about crushed seashells in a bag in your filter??? is that possible????
    Got a bad headache today and my brain hurts so i’m struggling to think.

Della

Ross
    Participant

i have managed to find some crushed sea shells. i have added a large handful to each of the large tanks. im going to add a small amount to the smaller tanks although i couldnt find any already in bags to go in the filters so i have just put it in loose.

Hope this will help with everything. i also did a large water change and a good clean in each tank, so hopefully this will help to sort out all the problems.

Thanks for all the help everyone. Its been really helpful.

Thanks again
    Ross and Ruth

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi guys. How are things progressing?

Ross
    Participant

Hey matt. Non of the guppys have given birth yet……….. Although we did lose a baby guppy this morning. We had bought 6 as Ruth loved them and didnt want to wait for them to give birth.

The 1 that was swimming vertically is still doing it but not as much. The other is still sitting on bottom and hiding and also we have noticed another 1 hiding alot and generally not doing much.

I will do a new water test tonight and see what i get.

Also a quick question……..Do you know anything about cichlids with worms? 1 LFS is closing down and are selling everything with 50% off. They have a 300l aquarium with cichlids in but they are all infected with worms apparently.
    I was thinking i could make them an offer on it but is it easy to cure? Then i could put all the cichlids together……….

Matt
    Keymaster

Hi Ross, do you know what kind of cichlid they are? There are a lot to choose from and they can have wildly different requirements…

Ross
    Participant

they have loads of different ones, probably 20 in total but maybe 5 different species.
    some are yellow like ours, Then there where some that were blue with dark stripes and some that were blue ish with orange fins if that helps

Ross
    Participant

Ive just done a test on the guppies 110l tank.

7.5 Ph
    0.3 mg/l Nitrate -2
    3’d GH
    5’d KH

Matt
    Keymaster

Good results, although your water is really soft so keep an eye on them mate /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />

Ruth
    Participant

hello /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” /> /smile.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:)” border=”0″ alt=”smile.gif” />
    we have counted 6 at the min

dunc
    Keymaster

Awww /biggrin.gif” style=”vertical-align:middle” emoid=”:D” border=”0″ alt=”biggrin.gif” />

Matt
    Keymaster

Nothing like the feeling when you find your first fish fry. Congrats guys!

Ross
    Participant

hey everyone.

just thought i would add an update. The guppys seemed to be doing better. we moved them into their own 20 litre tank.

We now have 30 fry ish, but we seem to have contracted ICK from somewhere. we have now lost 1 female guppy and it appears we might lose another

Author
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.