LOGIN

RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube
GLOSSARY       

SEARCHGLOSSARY

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

PROFILESEARCH

Would this stocking list work?

Home Forums My Aquarium Would this stocking list work?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

BJplusMilo21
    Participant

Would the following stocking list be suitable for my aquarium (60cm*27cm*30cm).

6x Sterbai Cory (corydoras sterbai)

6x Celestial Pearl Danio (Danio margaritatus)

5x Common Hatchet (gasteropelecus sternicla)

Note: Suggestions for a top dwelling fish substitute to replace the hatchet would be great.

dag
    Participant

No, not in a tank of that size. 

A larger group (20 or more) of Danio margaritatus would do quite well if the tank is densely planted, some addition of floating plants for fry to hide in. 

No bottom dwelling species for company, with top dwelling species there won’t be any chance of fry surviving.

I have been keeping and breeding D. margaritatus for about 7 years and believe they do best without adding any company.. certainly not in such a small tank.

C. sterbay are very lively and need more space, they do well in larger community tanks.

BJplusMilo21
    Participant

@dag said:
    fry surviving.

But I do not want any fry.

Matt
    Keymaster

Agreed – C. margaritatus do best in larger groups and hatchets need a bit more room than you have available. You could perhaps keep another tiny species with the danios though, and there are quite a few options.

Barb Man
    Participant

I keep Tanichthys albonubes with my C. margaritatus my tank is a ten gallon (didn’t do the conversion so I don’t know what you have) with lots of floating plants along with one Simese algae eater and an Otocinclus macrospilus. The algae eaters leave the T. albonubes fry alone. I was wondering how I would get my C. margaritatus to breed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.